My Research Publications
Over 30 years of experience in the information technology industry and over 20 years managing complex IT environments in industries including financial services, insurance, and manufacturing. I specialize in the improvement and development of IT organizational competencies, processes, and cost-effectiveness. Have successfully led the implementation and operation of high-availability Enterprise Service Delivery Infrastructures in Canada, the United States and, Europe.
As Senior Research Director I am currently responsible for defining and creating research focused on large enterprise core infrastructure processes and technology. I provide customers with day-to-day tactical, as well as strategic, oversight for various IT roles and functions.
Delivered presentations and key note addresses at industry conferences and events. Frequently quoted in the press. Previously held certifications and designations such as CISA, RHCE, and MCSE.
Senior Research Director
* Responsible for executing advisory services, research creation, workshop and consulting projects focused on Enterprise Infrastructure & Operations.
* Leading consultative interactions with Info-Tech’s global client to provide day-to-day tactical as well as strategic advice.
* Marrying deep, practical insight with the real-world issues faced by IT leaders in areas that include; Enterprise Infrastructure outsourcing (IaaS/PaaS, Managed Services and co-location), Disaster Recovery, Business Continuity, IT Infrastructure, Operations Management, Availability Management, Capacity Planning, Change Management, Shared Services delivery, Budgeting and Organization Management.
Principal Consulting Analyst
* Executed research and consulting projects focused on data center operations, data center facilities, disaster recovery, enterprise database platforms, non-commodity servers (mainframe, mid-range), high-availability and mission-critical infrastructure, global IT operations, and IT activities during mergers and acquisitions.
* Consulted with clients to apply Info-Tech’s research within the context of their specific business environment and helps solve their problems through inquiry and advisory engagements.
* Presented new research, frameworks, and findings at industry conferences and workshops.
* Defined and maintained the research agenda for stewardship topics.
* Provided insight and analysis to media outlets in support of technology stewardship areas.
* Supported development of new research products and packaging.
* Coached, mentored, and performance manages Senior Consulting Analysts and select Research Consulting Analysts.
Director, Information Technology & Information Systems
* Responsible for all IT and IS activities including development, operations, strategic planning, support and, training
* Planning and execution of all IT & IS integration activities required to support Stuart Energy Systems acquisition of Vandenborre Technologies al including infrastructure, application support, application development for all systems, processes and, people.
* Directing IT/IS resources, activities and budgets for locations in Canada, Belgium, USA, China and, Germany.
* Decreased IT spending by 25% while extending the global reach of service delivery, improving cost transparency, improving SLA performance and metrics adopting a repeatable best practice operationing processes.
* Managed implementation, and technical support of IFS ERP.
* Implemented a Document Management System in support of ISO production activities throughout corporate operations.
* Created the technical architecture required to support remote monitoring, data collection and analytics for generating equipment installed Globally.
* Manage technical infrastructure providing monitoring and control for 1,000+ hydrogen generating stations worldwide.
Director, Retail IT Services
* Planning and execution of all integration activities required to support Maritime Life’s acquisition of Royal & SunAlliance Financial including rationalization of infrastructure, application support, application development, processes and, people.
* Maintain appropriate involvement of all Retail Executives, Business leaders and all IT areas to achieve strategic alignment of IT environment with acquisition goals.
* Identify and create metrics necessary to demonstrate financial returns and alignment with acquisition objective.
Director, Management Information Group
* Responsible for application development, operations, PC support, network services and strategic planning, led the insurance industry in the implementation of the first eService providing real-time access to legacy systems for intermediaries. Developed a mobile interface for the eService site.
* Delivered CRM infrastructure project providing real-time transactions to multiple legacy applications, in different operating environments and in disparate geographical locations.
* Completed the integration of applications, systems and, processes from the Gerling Global Life acquisition in 1997.
* Introduced three-tier Client Server development supporting a custom Agency Compensation System.
* Migrated legacy segregated fund administration system supporting the introduction of a new registered investment product.
* Streamlined the application development life cycle.
* Introduced formal project management methodologies to all levels of the corporation.
* Ensured the compliance and technology architecture with the worldwide Royal & SunAlliance Group standards.
* Managed legacy application portfolio rationalization and conversions.
Director, Management Information Systems
* Directed the build out and relocation of the Canadian Home Office for the corporation.
* Created programs and implemented procedures to support business functions for newly launched mutual fund dealer.
* Integrated the applications and IT operations from marketing affiliate into operations of PFS ensuring the low cost delivery of our services to agents.
* Implemented outsourcing agreement to process new mutual fund products with Canadian Mutual company.
* Coordinated and implemented business processes and infrastructure to support sales force automation, imaging technology and expert systems.
Manager, Data Centre Operations
* Provided shared services to First American National Securities, Common Sense Shareholder Funds, Massachusetts Indemnity and Life Insurance Co.
* Developed procedures and infrastructure for a newly create PC/Support group, integration 21 departmental file servers onto a campus-wide fiber optic backbone network.
* Implemented central site management procedures for all of the corporate users as well as the broadcast network deployed at the corporate television studio
* Project Manager for the restructuring and consolidation of the infrastructure and operations environment at an affiliate corporation.
* Program Manager for consolidation of acquired corporate data centres reducing number of facilities from 13 to 4.
Manager, Management Information Systems
* Maintained responsibility for data centre operations and assumed responsibility for application development.
* Established data processing procedures and systems for an acquired securities dealer.
* Planned and created systems required to support corporate expansion into the Canadian marketplace.
Manager, Network Services
* Transferred from the U.S. headquarters to setup new Canadian subsidiary.
* Established a mirror image of corporate IT environments to service the Canadian marketplace.
* Created Canadian data centre for the corporation.
Network Services Technician
* Responsible for the reliable operation of all corporate data communications networks.
* Designed, implemented and maintained changes to the data communications network nationwide.
* Supported the design, configuration and migration execution to a new corporate campus and data center.